Tuesday, December 6, 2011

rufescent - confrontation and the avoidance thereof

This is a rant, not a brag.  I have a doctorate, and have worked professionally in my field for 10-1/2 years.  I've held positions with four different clinics in varied settings, and have broad experiences and several relative specialties.  My patients' comments are positive, and I am a competent public speaker.  But, confront me personally about something I don't think is a problem, and I blush.  A serious blush.  I don't know directly what it looks like, but it feels like this:


... but with a plastered-on, cool-as peaches facial expression.  It seems like an admission of weakness.  It drives me UP THE WALL because I am positive that the people I'm speaking to view it as a sign of embarrassment or guilt when it's actually a sign of carefully hidden fury in a situation where I am otherwise powerless. 

Am I the only 30-something blusher around?
How do you react when you're confronted?

rufescent - color of blood; shade resembling such a color

No comments:

Post a Comment